Thursday, November 27, 2014

Wisdom from Lindsey

My angel was married on September 13, 2014 and I am a proud papa for certain. I will resist the temptation to gush here but I feel compelled to offer just one example of why I believe the world is a better place with her in it. Close friends, family and assorted planners, photographers and foodservice personnel may have noticed that the table settings featured some wisdom that I know my daughter selected for custom centerpieces. Without further editorial comment (they are presented here) from my notes:  
  • To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived is to have succeeded.
  • Life is what we make it -- always has been, always will be.
  • You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star.
  • No dream is too high for those with their eyes on the sky.
  • The True voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in finding new eyes.
  • Things don’t just happen. You make them happen.
  • Love is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
  • I wish for you the ability to see yourself as others see you. Then you would realize what a truly special person you are.
  • The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
  • We sat side by side in the morning light and looked out on our future together
Needless to say, I’m confident my little girl has her head on straight.


No comments: