This is a real job description. This list was posted recently online. I don’t know where to begin so I will let you read it first.
1. Create graphical ads and write topical copy for trade publications
2. Promote company products by revising Sales brochures
3. Design direct mail and email collateral for campaigns
4. Increase our SEO rankings by managing web content
5. Manage online calendar of events and blog
6. Develop quarterly newsletter design and topics
7. Work with list generation providers for mailings and call campaigns
8. Add and remove products on the company online store
9. Coordinate tradeshow attendance and track leads from them
10. Use social media in order to promote our products
11 Research and develop case studies
12. Maintain professionalism in small office environment
Note: All other duties as assigned
Must be self-sufficient and have adequate telephone and computer skills.
Yikes, graphical ads and topical copy while reviewing brochures, designing DM and collateral, improving SEO, updating web content, writing blogs, managing lists, trade shows, social media, case studies…be professional and ready for other duties as assigned. And be ready to answer the phone and demonstrate computer skills. Benefits: You can come in early and work 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some college, non-manager…no respect.
The successful candidate will need to have low self-esteem, perform flawlessly and still expect failure because being self-sufficient means you will be judged on decisions you will routinely make in a vacuum. Welcome to the rewarding profession of marketing in the digital age. And if it isn’t too much trouble, can you pick up my dry cleaning on your lunch half-hour?