Monday, May 27, 2024

Janie je t’aime

 











I know you are capable of being alone;

I’ll just text you, so I’ll be on your phone.

I wish you more. You said I could always read you;

Cards are on the table but never fully shown.

 

Children on hard wood floors, making noise;

Five girls and no boys.

Grace, Wren, Mercy, Rooney, Prim;

The Princess parade proceeds with poise.

 

Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus;

I can’t stop thinking of the two of us;

Old Immigrant brew-pub eclectic;

Divine Intervention. In God we trust.

 

Clifton Park, Edgewater Drive;

It’s great to be alive;

Embracing the moment;

Grateful, as we survive.


Consider the time and miles

Kissing in the dark,   

We’re only dancin’ a while.

And I will always love your smile.






















No comments: